Our GA Pre-K Program
School starts on Monday, August 7, 2017! Register today
We ended our 2016/2017 school year for GA Pre-K with a BANG! What a fantastic year we had in all 3 classrooms. Not to pat ourselves on our back….but it really was one of the BEST years EVER!
Registration For the 2017/2018 School Year
We are taking registrations NOW for the upcoming school year for our state-funded FREE GA Pre-K program that will start on August 7th, 2017 and run for the full school year. Our classes are already ALMOST FULL, so if you need a space, please do not delay, because there may not be any spaces left for you. At this time, we have only a handful of spaces left, and after that we will start a waiting list.
Discovery Point Sugar Hill and Georgia Pre-Kindergarten
Discovery Point Sugar Hill has offered three GA Pre-K classes of the highest quality for over 18 years. We are proud to be a part of this wonderful program! Georgia Pre-K is funded by the State of Georgia through lottery funds and is a free program to prepare 4 and 5 year olds for Kindergarten.
Our Pre-Kindergarten Program is designed to meet the educational needs of 4 and 5 year old children, addressing all of the essential learning areas, focusing on challenging age appropriate activities for each of their unique developmental stages and ages. In our classrooms, students are patiently guided through the learning process with lessons and activities that will get them ready for kindergarten, and support their success throughout their future school years. Our GA Pre-K classes are very structured, providing children with the opportunity to increase their abilities to discover and explore by learning as they play, which is critical at this stage in their development.
Our GA (Georgia) Pre-K Program is a state-funded educational program for Georgia’s little ones with qualified, certified teachers who provide a stimulating learning environment as well as superior quality educational experience. The curriculum concentrates on developing cognitive, social and emotional skills, and development of the literacy, language and physical skills that children need to realize success in school and throughout their lives.
Discovery Point Sugar Hill’s State Funded GA Pre-K Program Features Include:
• Qualified and Certified Early Childhood Education teachers
• Low teacher to child ratio, allowing for consistent and highly effective teaching attention
• Structured classrooms designed to provide a rich education focused environment
• Well-balanced educational framework made up of a perfect blend of teacher-directed and child-initiated activities
• Pre-K children have their own age appropriate playground area
Parents play an essential part in the Pre-K program, helping their children build the foundation necessary to develop the attitudes, habits and skills necessary to become life long learners. Parents are encouraged to reinforce their roles as their young one’s most important initial teachers. There will be many opportunities for them to participate in the Pre-K activities, providing the perfect opportunity for teachers and parents alike to work together when it comes to nurturing the child’s development. Resources are provided to help parents support their child’s success at the Discovery Point Child Development Center in Sugar Hill. To help parent’s ready their little ones for the GA Pre-K program, and play a part in their educations, they are provided with the following:
• A Family Handbook that provides useful information regarding enrollment, all necessary documentation etc.
• Summer transition calendar providing ideas that will help children develop the readiness skills necessary to enter the Pre-Kindergarten program.
• The Read and Rise guide that helps parents fulfill their role as one of the child’s most important teachers. The guide includes the child’s literacy and reading goals that they should be able to achieve by a particular age, and provides parents with useful tips to help their children achieve the goals, and age appropriate, attention grabbing short stories they can enjoy with their child.
At Discovery Point Sugar Hill, our Pre-K program provides a creative classroom experience that nurture’s the child’s mind and physical abilities, supported by qualified teachers who offer patience, motivating guidance and positive reinforcement. Our program offers 4 year olds a free, high-quality curriculum to prepare them for Kindergarten. The goal is to supply your child with the best learning experiences prior to starting Kindergarten, and provide an environment that encourages your child to have fun while learning.
We have been awarded 3 GA Pre-K classrooms to accommodate 66 children. Feel free to contact us for additional information or to enroll your child for classes, as they will fill up fast due to the popularity of the program.